Sunday, March 11, 2012

makeup tutorial: for baby blues

I hear people say all the time that certain shadow colors go best with certain eye colors. Blue for brown eyes, green for green eyes, purple for blue eyes, etc., but I have my own opinions.
Today I'm going to do the first tutorial in a little series of tutorials for certain eye colors. I figured I'd start with the lightest colored eyes (don't know why, but I did ;]) which are blue. Oh, and if you have grey eyes, that's totally and completely amazing and I'm extremely jealous of you, and this look will work for your eyes as well!
Here is a little chart I've put together to show what colors I think work well with blue eyes:

These colors work well with blue eyes because they are on the opposite side of the color wheel. Sometimes cool-colored shadows make blue eyes look washed out.
A quick not: do not be afraid of pink and red eyeshadow! People always say that it makes the eyes look irritated, but it really doesn't if applied correctly.
Anyway, on with the tutorial!

Products used:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool
CoverGirl Eyeshadow single in Champagne
Rimmel Exaggerate Retractable eyeliner in Precious Gold
Wet n Wild pencil eyeliner in light brown (or copper, I forget ;])
Rimmel Lasting Finish blush in Pink Sorbet (I use this as eyeshadow)
e.l.f. eyelash curler
CiverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Black

step 1: apply a primer all over your lid


step 2: pat a shimmery cream-colored shadow all over your lid


step 3: take a deep red shadow and with a very light hand, dust it into your crease


step 4: define your outer corner with a coppery-chestnut shadow, then blend


step 5: take a gold pencil liner and line your waterline and upper lashline
here's what it looks like with blue eyes so far :)
 step 6: with a light brown/copper pencil liner, make a very thin line close to your lashes


step 7: apply a light pink on the edge of the brown shadow. This will help to warm up the look even more

step 8: curl your lashes and apply mascara

 step 9: with a white eyeliner pencil, highlight your inner corners

done!


I hope you blue-eyed girls found this helpful! Next up, green eyes :)

-hannah

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute. I can't decide if I'm waiting for brown or green. My eyes are usually brown, but when I go to the beach they turn green. ;)

    Anyways, the blue eyes are cool at the end, though I have to say, your green eyes are WAY cooler.

    And yes, I am completely jealous of grey eyed people. Grey eyes=Awesomeness.

    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah, you sound like a hazel-eyed girl! My sister has hazel eyes, they're really cool. They can look green at times and brown at other times :) Don't worry, I am going to make a tutorial for hazel eyes!

      -hannah

      Delete

Hey there beauties! I would love to here your opinion on this post :) Thanks for taking the time to comment <3

-hannah